Woohoo! It’s Friday and what better way to kick start the weekend than to finally reveal what I’ve been religiously working on all week – a winter hat for Bugs which I’ve named Little Aubergine!
Little Aubergine was a project that had lots of knitting and some sewing as well. I was a little hesitant about making it when I found about the sewing bit but this was just too darn cute to pass up!
The pattern is supposed to resemble a flower that had fallen flat on a baby’s head. The knitting bit of the hat was really straightforward- here’s how the hat looked just after I’d finished the main body and the stem.
Knitting the individual petals was easy enough. But then came the part that I’d been dreading the most – sewing them one by one onto the hat! I did struggle a bit with the first petal – it took me one sitting to attach one miserable petal properly. But once I’d got the hang of the sewing, life got a lot easier! And quicker!
But of course, no knitted project would be truly complete without a final fitting on the recipient! It was a little difficult to get a hyperactive Bugs to sit still for the shot but the hat managed to at least stay on long enough for me to take it! Glad to know that it fits well on her head!
This hat took a bit more effort than usual but I’m pretty pleased with the end result!
A little Aubergine fit for a little queen ! What a great way to start the weekend! Have a great day folks!