A new purpose

Bugs’s been eating tons lately which meant that we’ve been needing to buy new and bigger clothes for her. Like this plain white tee that we got from K Mart recently.

20130221-172502.jpg

Only problem that it got a bit stained after the resident Picasso had a drawing session on herself – you can kind of make out the blue and brown stains in the picture below.

20130221-172637.jpg

I thought it was a real pity to throw an almost brand new tee away. So after a few moments of googling, I decided to make it into a tee shirt dress!

There’s heaps of tutorials online that you can find on how to make one so what I did is nothing new. First step: cut the tee to desired length. This was a great chance for me to cut away that stained portion!

20130221-172924.jpg

Next I got some fabric for the skirt bit….

20130221-172958.jpg

Sewed and gathered up the fabric….

20130221-173025.jpg

Pinned and sewed it to the previously cut up tee….

20130221-173124.jpg

Added a little bias tape to the end of the skirt (because as usual I am a klutz in measuring the length of the skirt and it came up a bit shorter than expected)….

20130221-173254.jpg

And voila! One tee shirt dress done!

20130221-173327.jpg

I’m pretty stoked at the results! I can foresee I’ll be making more dresses the same way in the near future! Especially with the little artist in the house!

Here’s another shot of the dress – have a great day folks!

20130221-173525.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s